Roger Shah - Magic Island Vol. 9
Winter is long, spring seems shorter by the year, but what’s important right now is that summer looks pretty much eternal! Yup, we’ve reached the time of year where all eyes hearts, minds (and everything else of importance!) turn to face the sun.
Whether you be beat-seeker, heat-seeker (or both), we’ve something the season simply can do without – a soundtrack! Roger Shah reconvene his wandering band of multitalented Magic Islanders and musical set sail for the sun.
We can all agree there’s something to be said for a bit of dependability in these crazy mixed-up times! Here’s the question though… Is Roger Shah’s ‘Music For Balearic People’ now the most reliable part of any electronic music summer!?? Consider… over the duration its eight volumes have materialised in the same month of each year (sometimes even the same week!). They feature a dedicated cast of music-makers, some of whom have been there from its first word and played a part in every edition. Style-wise it’s kept its musical culture locked; ditto for its ethos of globally connecting people who see life the Balearic way. And it has - every step of the way - been helmed & honed by series standard-bearer, Roger Shah.
As ‘Magic Island’ approaches its landmark tenth outing, Roger’s again marshalled his crew of Balearic People for the 2019 trip. On this expedition you’ll find regular cohorts including (*deep breath*) Rene Ablaze, Pierre Pienaar, Brian Laruso, Raul Pablo Sanchez, Bob Memphis, Clarks, David Broaders, Sergey Shabanov, Aaron Sim and others. Naturally, outside of Magic Island season, Roger’s expended his energies working on new summer-saluting material. You’ll find new pairings (many of the them for the first time) with Stoneface & Terminal, Kristina Sky, Pierre Pienaar and others besides. As you’ve every right to expect, there’s also a renewed wealth from Roger’s best-known aliases - Sunlounger, High Noon At Salinas and Global Experience among them.
As ever, each of ‘Magic Island’s mixes echoes the respective vibes on two very distinct times of the day. With mix 1 Roger musically backdrops sun & sea, beach, lounge & bar. Hitting the recline button, the mix cruises out with the temperate latest from Clarks, Ihab Sameh and Marycee & Balearic Session. Around the midpoint High Noon At Salinas pop an umbrella in your drink, adding the intoxicating notes of ‘Siente El Sol’ and the Terrace Mix of ‘Espalmador’ for good measure. Series regulars Raul Pablo Sanchez & Brian Laruso bring cooler-yet essence with Schattenspiel’ & ‘Anything’, before Global Experience deliver the housier perspectives of ‘Sa Trinxa’. Roger’s own creations maintain the mix’s glide path as ‘The Sun Will Rise Again’ from Sunlounger & Susie Ledge preludes the welcome return of San Antonio Harbour with ‘Neon Colors’.
Frontend of Mix 2 and Roger ushers some new Magic Island blood into the spotlight with Zoxy, Terry Gaters and Fredd Moz and Ingsha all making their series debuts. With the drums up, bass braced and synths rigged, Roger hits a collaboratory tract, dropping new clubbier in-studio teamings with Kristina Sky, Stoneface & Terminal, Rene Ablaze and others. Series vet David Broaders is hot on their heels with the floor-waxing ‘Heliosphere’, whilst with ‘Castaway’ and ‘Azimuth’, Sergey Shabanov likewise pitches in with a pair of hand-raisers. Roger works in some similarly styled magic with the Aneym-sung ‘Whisper To Me’ from Andy Elliass, along with the Polish producer’s Rolfiek collab ‘On The Way To Wonderland’. Rounding off 2019’s Magic Island excursion, you’ll find Eric Senn’s ‘Chase Your Dreams’ and ‘Fantasy Land’ from Yodis, while Corrie Theron sends Disc 2 on its way with ‘Smile’.
Magic Island Vol. 9 – Music For Balearic People Mixed By Roger Shah is out!
Into the blue…? After you!
01. Clarks - Cayo Largo
02. Eddie Murray featuring Veronica Moran - Inception
03. Ihab Sameh - Silent Waves
04. Jukebox 80s - Ripped Knees
05. Marycee & Balearic Session - Ubud
06. Brian Laruso & Jamie Chambers - Tale Of The Lost
07. Adam Stark - Versa (Magic Island Deep Mix)
08. Sinan - Moments
09. High Noon At Salinas & Noah Shah - Siente El Sol
10. Raul Pablo Sanchez - Schattenspiel
11. Guided Gratitude - Waking Up
12. Global Experience - Sa Trinxa (Extended 5am Mix)
13. Sinan - Birds Of Paradise
14. Bob Memphis - Don’t Fade Away
15. Sunlounger & Susie Ledge - The Sun Will Rise Again
16. San Antonio Harbour - Neon Colors
17. Noah Shah - Huh
01. Ingsha - Apaya
02. Roger Shah & Genie O’Malley - Touch The Feelz
03. Roger Shah & George Jema - Patong Beach
04. Aaron Sim - Letting Go
05. David Broaders - Heliosphere
06. Andy Elliass & Aneym - Whisper To Me
07. Roger Shah with Stoneface & Terminal -
08. Roger Shah & Rene Ablaze - Natural Order
09. Roger Shah, Pierre Pienaar & Dirkie Coetzee - Epoch
10. Sergey Shabanov - Castaway
11. DJ Galaxie - Here I Am
12. Sergey Shabanov - Azimuth
13. Andy Elliass & Rolfiek - On The Way To Wonderland
14. Thorsten F. & Nicki - Research
15. Aldo Henrycho & Sothzanne String - Forever You
16. SILVELA - Offing (Uplifting Mix)
17. Eric Senn - Chase Your Dreams
18. Yodis - Fantasy Land
19. Corrie Theron - Smile
|Release Date||Jun 21, 2019|